Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Sarah Reviews: Garden State

I realize that the movie "Garden State" was actually released in 2004, but I just saw it for the first time yesterday.

Sure, people had told me that I should see it - that I would love it but I was reluctant to watch it.

Why?

Because I have issues with Zach Braff.



It isn't personal and it isn't really his fault.

I just loathe "Scrubs". I don't know why people think that show is funny. It is pandering. It is humor for stupid people.

This being the only place I had ever seen Braff I was not in a huge hurry to watch "Garden State".

You know what? Shame on me. It was an excellent movie. Zach Braff wrote and directed it and I think he did a fantastic job.

If you like dark humor and/or independent films you've probably already seen this anyway, but if you haven't I recommend it.

No comments:

 
Site Meter