Friday, June 10, 2011

Sarah Reviews Cube Dog



Thank you to Cube Dog for sponsoring this review. For more information about Cube Dog please visit the Facebook page or download it on iTunes.

* * *

When the Clever Girls asked me to review an app for my iPhone I was psyched. I love my iPhone and I love apps. I probably have 60 or 70 of them on my phone. Sure, I mostly use the Kindle, Monopoly, weather and solitaire apps, but I love the others anyway.

But for today we will just be discussing Cube Dog. What is Cube Dog? Cube Dog is this:




Adorable, right?

So I went on to iTunes and downloaded the free Cube Dog app.

First I made a medium gray dog with floppy ears. He was adorable. I named him Flash. I wasn't sure what to do with Flash, so I took a picture of him with my kids.





Then with my computer.





Then with my cat.



Sid was not amused.

Then I wasn't really sure what to do.

So I made a small reddish dog and named him Danzig.

What? Danzig is named after a fish I used to have.*

I wasn't really sure what to do with him either.

Then I turned on the sound.

Cube Dog is FAR more interesting when you turn on the sound. I made Danzig play with a ball and take a nap. He called me on his iPhone.




He's so cute. My real pets don't even have cellular devices.

The gist of Cube Dog is that you can create your own 3D virtual pet that looks however you want him or her to look and you can play with them.

I thought the thing was passively cute, but when I was putting together this post my son saw the video and begged me to let him make his own Cube Dog.

He named his Cubey.



My seven year old son made it play with a ball and fetch things and Cubey's eyes turned in to hearts. He played with his Cube Dog for 40 minutes. It probably would have kept him entertained for even longer but I had to make a phone call.


This is a great way to kips kids entertained in waiting rooms or at restaurants. (Yes, I am that mom.)

There is also a store where you can buy more things for your Cube Dog, but I didn't really check it out.

Don't forget to keep an eye out for the Cube Dog facebook contest between June 13 - 17th!

* * *

While Cube Dog provided me with the app to review, the opinions I've expressed here are solely my own and represent my honest viewpoint. Cube Dog, Clever Girls Collective and I promote Blog With Integrity.

* * *

* The fish was named after Glen Danzig.

No comments:

 
Site Meter